Friday, July 11, 2014

From the book: The soft body tone of CC babies


"Millicent was surprised at the difference between Seth's body tone and that of other babies. 
His was soft, she said. The others all felt like pokers."

from: Jean Liedloff, The Continuum Concept


I have done the experiment. I have held some other babies here and there. First I thought that only trianed professionals would feel a difference, or very sensitive people. I was wrong! The difference is very noticeable.

My dd sometimes feels like liquid. Supersoft, so resistance whatsoever. Even on a not-so-good day with not enough movement and opportunities to explore the world, she stills feels soft. Always.

Other children I have held often felt firmer, and I remember one little girl who literally felt like a brick (I felt that only touching her leg, even before holding her). Her parents don't carry her.

No comments:

Post a Comment