Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Thoughts on feeling loved

Dd at 4 months old in our favorite wrap.

I just remembered that having had the full in-arms-phase must make a big difference in how we perceive life later on.

So often we as parents think "Oh no, I don't want to say / do this to my child, it would have hurt me so much in my own childhood". How often have we felt rejected, not loved, not seen, and judged unfairly?

With the wonderful start in life that CC children have, they feel loved. They must perceive life so differently!

Without the underlying notion on feeling rejected, I would have taken so many things differently. I might have heard "Please don't do this" as "Please don't do this, and I love you" instead of "How stupid you are, how can you? Please don't do this. You're a burden to me!".

I sometimes found it challenging to be in touch with baby 24/7 for the first months. But the thought of how much it will benefit dd made is so worth it. In hindsight, I wish I had never put her down. I did here and there, because I heard about it all the time.

Jean Liedloff describes in her book how the feeling of being high on heroin can only mimick what babys carried in arms feel. Now isn't that a great reason to carry our little ones? Making them feel high on love?

No comments:

Post a Comment